TERMS & CONDITONS
1. A Doula does not have any clinical responsibility and will not: - Perform any medical procedure, including taking blood pressure, foetal assessments, vaginal examinations or taking temperature - Give medical advice, recommend medical treatment, or diagnose - Replace a trained lactation consultant.
2. Clients who choose to utilise items the Doula provides - including but not limited to - heat packs and essential oils, take full responsibility for their own health and for researching and using the equipment or remedies available. The Client agrees that the Doula is not liable and does not take responsibility for any results or effects the Client may experience as a result.
3. The Client will be liable for damaged property and/or equipment belonging to the Doula should any equipment become broken and/or damaged whilst in the Client’s care.
4. The Client consents to the attendance of the Doula to the extent necessary to support her through labour and delivery. In the event the Client does not call the Doula, or give the Doula reasonable notice (2 hours), or the Doula is not permitted by the attending doctor/hospital no refund will be given.
5. The Doula reserves the right to withdraw service at any time due to conflict or personal health or safety concerns - including but not limited to any kind of abuse, passive or second-hand smoke and aggressive pets. If deemed reasonable, the Doula will seek the services of a replacement doula to support the Client. If services are withdrawn by the Doula, all fees less those for services already rendered will be refunded.
6. The Doula reserves the right to refuse transport of the Client - including any family member - in her personal car due to liability concerns in case of an accident.
7. Should an unexpected caesarean occur before the due date, the Doula will support the Client through that birth experience and help the Client prepare for the best outcome for her, her partner and her baby.
8. The Client agrees to complete a Feedback Form, answering questions honestly to help provide statistics and testimonials for the Doula.
9. A $300 deposit is required to secure your booking and is non-refundable. Full upfront payment is appreciated however payment plans are available, provided full payment is complete before 38 weeks gestation. Should a cancellation occur before the on-call period commences, you will be refunded everything paid over the deposit amount.
10. Full payment of massage and postnatal sessions is required before or on the day of service. If prepayment is made by bank transfer, funds must be visible in the receiving account before the service is carried out.
11. Cancellation more than 6 weeks before your due date – refund minus non refundable deposit, less services rendered. Cancellation after 4 weeks before your due date – no refund due.
The breakdown of fees for the purposes of a refund are;
Deposit (non refundable) = 18.75% ($300)
Antenatal session = 21.25% ($340) – if rendered, non refundable.
On call fee (non refundable after 38 weeks) = 30% ($480)
Birth support = 30% ($480)
12. Cancellations of massage and postnatal sessions must be made with a minimum of 48 hours notice.
13. The Doula will be available via phone (voice and video) throughout the Client's early labour and will join the Client to support active labour and delivery.
14. It is the Client's responsibility to stay in close contact and notify the Doula of any sign of labour and when planning to have the Doula join, allow a minimum of 2 hours travel time for the Doula to arrange arrive.
15. Please be considerate of the Doula's own health needs. The Doula's role is to prioritise the Client's needs and will not take any incidences of leaving the Client lightly, however if the Doula has been at your birth for 12 hours or more, for health and safety reasons she will take a break and or call upon a backup Doula if required.
Important Disclaimer Please note: Doula's do not give medical advice and always recommend you seek advice from a registered health professional. By checking the box below you agree that all the information you have given is correct to the best of your knowledge. You also agree to the Terms and Conditions above.